Today’s FRIDAY ! FREEBIES are all about Halloween. None of these projects is so difficult or so time consuming that you cannot finish them before Halloween. Some will give you pleasure directly and some will please you when you give them as gifts to the little ones or other friends and relatives.
There are lots of free Halloween Costume patterns, including some at the sites I’ve listed below. However, I thought that more interesting for quilters would be things they themselves could use or give away. Enjoy these and let us know how you like them and also, if you try any of them, please don’t hesitate to post them on our Facebook page.
1. So-sew-easy.com: http://so-sew-easy.com/free-patterns-halloween-costumes-sew/
Striped pieced pillows. This is a lightly illustrated tutorial but anyone who has quilting experience should not have a problem following it. Also, I think it could be done in almost any color combination for daily use or other special occasions. http://sew.guru/7osus#http://7layerstudio.typepad.com/7_layer_studio/2011/09/scrap-busting-strip-pieced-pillows-tutorial.
Tiny Treat Bags – very cute. See here. http://sew.guru/qjn7j#http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/bags-pillows-gifts/bags-and-purses/tiny-treats. You can download the project here…. http://sew.guru/qjn7j#http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/bags-pillows-gifts/bags-and-purses/tiny-treats but first you need to log in or register.
2. All Free Sewing Halloween Projects http://www.allfreesewing.com/Halloween-Projects
Football Pumpkin Fun http://www.allfreesewing.com/Halloween-Projects Project tutorial is found on a blog by Lisa at http://team-t-adventures.blogspot.ca/2010/09/football-pumpkin-fun.html
3. The Polka Dot Chair http://www.polkadotchair.com/2013/09/25-halloween-sewing-ideas.html
Melissa at Polka Dot Chair used Amy’s tutorial at http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html to create this colorful Halloween Table Runner.
4. That’s My Letter Halloween Bag http://thatsmyletter.blogspot.ca/2011/10/p-is-for-party.html This is a riff on her pumpkin bag tutorial available here: http://thatsmyletter.blogspot.ca/2011/09/t-is-for-treat.html
5. All People Quilt – Cat Pencil Toppers http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/holiday-quilts/halloween/cat-pencil-toppers