Sweet Pea Quilting’s long-arm machine takes the “heavy lifting” out of your quilting…
We have a fully computerized long arm machine.
They don’t make’m any bigger than this….In the Long Arm quilting world, this machine is described as the “Ultimate Big Girl Toy”! We provide a convenient place to drop off your quilt.
We have hundreds of patterns. We strongly suggest you take advantage of a free consultation with one of our experts who are also quilters and operators. After all those hours of work, you want to find the best pattern for you and the beautiful quilt in front of you.
How can you access our services?
For local customers, just stop by the store during opening hours and drop off your quilt. No appointment necessary.
Sweet Pea’s long-arm machine takes the “heavy lifting” out of your quilting…
For mail-in customers, send us your quilt . Include your the following:
- phone number
- best time to call
Instructions for preparing your quilt for both local and mail-in quilters.
- Quilt needs to be received in three separate layers: top, batting, backing.
- Please ensure your batting and backing are at least four inches wider on each side of your quilt. (4″ on top, 4″ on the bottom, 4″ on the left side and 4″ on the right side). Please do not send more than a four inch excess on each side of your quilt or we will have to trim it. There will be a nominal fee to do this. If we are piecing your backing, there will also be a nominal fee to do this.
- Your backing must be a true square or rectangle. If we have to straighten or trim the backing, there will be a nominal fee for this.
- Please do not baste or pin your quilt layers.
- If you just want to drop off or mail us your quilt top, we are happy to provide batting and backing from our store selection.
East Island Highway, Parksville, B.C.
What’s the process after we receive your quilt if you’re mailing it in?
- We’ll call you and discuss options for quilting patterns and thread choices. (Be sure to include your phone number!)
- We’ll give you a price and take a credit card payment from you for quilting, taxes and shipping.
- We’ll get to work and ship out your completed quilt within two to three weeks of our telephone conversation.
What if you need to know more?
If you need to know more before you ship or bring in your quilt, you can call us at 1-250-586-1050 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday to Friday. You can send us your questions by filling out Contact Us form from the top menu of any page.
What does it cost?
The cost for us to do the quilting is 3 cents a square inch plus tax and shipping.
There is a minimum charge of $50 plus thread.
Who Does Your Quilting?
We have dedicated staff to quilt your quilt.